My name is Stormy Daniels (for those of you porn fans who have been living under a rock LOL) and I am under contract with Wicked Pictures. I write, star, and direct for the company. I also tour on the road as a feature dancer and write a monthly column for Velvet magazine. A detailed and more interesting bio can be found on my website ClubStormy.com
How exactly did you get into this industry? One day did you just think "I like to have sex, and I like money. How can I find a way to kill two birds with one stone?"
I got into the business the way most girls seem to...I started as a stripper at a club in Baton Rouge (because I needed to pay the rent). The club that I danced at had guest stars (feature dancers) and I began talking to them about how to become one myself. One of the girls gave me the number for a photographer and I started posing for magazines. For two years, I traveled on the road as a feature dancer and only did single girl layouts in some lower end porn mags. My friend Devon Michaels was heading out to LA to make her first porn and asked if I wanted to join her. I thought it would be a fun thing to try so I took her up on the offer. My first scene was with her for a company called Sin City. While in Cali, I met one of the directors for Wicked and he introduced me to the owner of the company. My friend headed home a couple of days later and I never left...the rest is history.
When you walk down the street is it common for any given person to stop you now that you're
pretty well known?
It's really strange...I can go days without anyone saying anything. Then the next day, I will get swarmed. Airports and elevators are the most common places I get recognized. I've never had a bad experience though. People are usually too shy to even ask for a photo. They just tell me they liked (fill in a movie title) and they are a fan. Women are more aggressive though. I had a lady ask me about anal sex in the grocery store! LOL
I'd imagine you probably get asked to help out a lot of people now. Are you swamped by people asking you to help them get into the business? Is there anything that you can actually do to help them, or are they all kinda just shit out of luck?
That is the number one question I get asked...and no, I can NOT help you. You must go to LA and meet with the agencies who book talent.
How long do you see yourself involved in this industry? And what plans do you have for the future?
I really don't see myself ever leaving the industry. I love it and it has been very good to me. Gravitiy will eventually take effect and I will NOT be in front of the camera when that happens, but I will continue to produce and direct.
Do you have any interesting or really funny stories that you'd care to share?
What the produce section wasn't enough? I've had a guy eat one of my socks. I caught a guy digging through my trash....My assistant m0nster is better with dealing with the really strange ones. He seems to speak their language.
What's your favorite m0nster story?
Either the night of "the incident" or when he almost drove us into oncoming traffic in Boston when I asked about sporks...or maybe when he locked himself in the bathroom five minutes before the AVN awards because I wanted him to wear a pink shirt...or maybe the night he had to give me a sugar water enema...oh...there's so many that I can't choose one!
Is there any specific scene or movie that you would consider the worst you've ever done? If so, would you mind sharing?
It's a tie between Trailer Trash Nurses and The Portrait. In the first one, I had been in an accident and had my arm bandaged and was in horrific pain. The second is just bad. Bad story. Bad talent. Bad lighting. Bad edititing. Just bad.
Is there anything you regret doing in your career? Or anything you would do differently?
Nope...started at 18 instead of 23. I could've had another five year start on my world domination.
A lot of time, young actresses are viewed as being victimized by the industry. Do you feel that this is an accurate/legitimate view?
Their are scumbags in every industry and every walk of life, but I have never personally witnessed it on a set. Since I direct most of my own movies, it would be hard for me to be taken advantage of...besides, I'm pretty mean. M0nster can back me up on that one....
What do you think about pornography being so openly traded now on the internet? Has it had a significant impact on your life in any way? Would you consider it bad that less people are purchasing your videos, or is it somewhat flattering knowing that there are quite a few more people watching now, that normally wouldn't pay to do so?
It's terrible. While it is flattering and I appreciate that people want to see me, it is killing the industry. We just had a meeting at Wicked about having to cut our budgets which means I will be doing less movies and less good ones. So many companies are going bankrupt and with people stealing content and images, the girls are losing money on their sites. Girls are quitting in droves because suddenly doing porn is not such a lucrative business for them.
I'll be going to Adultcon for the first time this year. Will you be there, and is there anything I should know or expect? Or fear?
ABSOLUTELY NOT! Don't go. The guy the runs it is a total douchebag and most of the decent stars will not have anything to do with him. Go to Erotica LA or AVN instead.
Besides your work, what do you enjoy doing in your free time?
What is this "free time" you speak of...?
What do you think about the current mortgage crisis in America?
It is fucked up. I am having an almost impossible time trying to buy a house. People are notorious for getting themselves into debt and biting off more than they can chew. I don't feel sorry for people who make stupid choices, but now it is effecting me and that sucks balls...and not the good way.
What was it like being able to meet, and hang out with THE PC Deathsquad? I hear those guys can really thrash.
They were so fucking cool. I was nervous about how they would be on set, but they were awesome! I am now a friend and a FAN! I wish now that I had written them into more of the movie.
Thank you very much for your time. If you have any friends that wouldn't mind being interviewed, like maybe Roxy Deville :), be sure to let them know about me, it would be much appreciated. Are there any last things you'd like to add?
My shameless plugs:
"Operation Desert Stormy"...buy it!
Don't download it like a cheap fuck. LOL
www.ClubStormy.com
myspace.com/stormydaniels
Stormy seems very nice, and very down to earth for someone that's pretty famous. It was awesome she decided to do an interview with me. I'm thankful she took the time to do that. Anyway, go buy Operation Desert Stormy here.
4 comments:
posting in an epic blog.
Great interview
Good job on the interview. You should give us a heads up next time you do one of these, maybe we can give you some ideas for other questions.
Cheers
Great interview Tyler!
Post a Comment